When you’re trying to solve an operational problem for a startup, what do you do? Ask the internet? Ask friends? Make it up as you go? All of those things?
For many years, I’ve been running operations for startups. During that time, I’ve had to go through that process. Over and over again. Each time I did it, I’d wonder why I couldn’t find even one great resource that would give me a template and save me weeks of research and work. I was sure the questions I was answering had to have been answered by thousands of other people over the years.
Fortunately for me, when I was solving those problems, I had help and input from you, the best startup operators and investors around, which is an immeasurable asset. Not everyone has that.
And the internet isn’t as helpful as I thought it would be. It takes a long time to find quality materials and then you have to combine a long list of resources into one to get value from them.
Over the years, while solving these problems for myself, I’ve taken the time to create, compile, and document the best practices. I have so much research. I have so many templates, frameworks, and checklists. And I’ve been improving and iterating on them for years.
No reason each of us needs to solve the same problem. It’s a waste of our collective time and brain power.
So, it’s time to share.
OpsMBA provides high quality, substantive, practical resources for startup operators. It’s a collection and combination of the best startup resources from the best startup operators. It’s the kind of material that you can pick up and instantly save yourself weeks of work. And, it helps you create a final product that you could never have achieved alone.
Our mission is to help you a build successful business that’s a great place to work. The world needs more great places to work.
I hope you find this valuable! This would have saved me a year of time over my career!
If you have something to share, then please contribute your own resources and receive the glory you deserve!
Here are some of our most popular resources:
- Your Startup Needs An Operating System. Your company has an Operating System whether or not you consciously build and nurture one. It will happen by default. And a default Operating System is highly unlikely to function well and get the long-term results you’re looking for.
- Ten Tips on How to Hire Better. Detailed summary of a hiring process, with a full process template, interview questions, and more.
- Foundational Materials. Everything your organization does starts with and builds on your foundational materials. This resource has definitions of a vision, mission, strategy, values, and culture, with some of the best examples out there.
- How To Be A Great Manager. Two prerequisites and ten guidelines for being a great manager.
- 6 Steps for Creating Better Managers (with Tools and Templates). How to create a better management system and better managers, and incidentally achieve your company goals.
- People Management and Development System (with Templates). Build your company’s People Management System to ensure that the parts of management that should be consistent across the organization are applied uniformly and to guide your managers when building their own management systems.
- 9 Tips for Building a Communication System (with Templates). Good communication is vital to your company’s success. Build the right system for your company with these tips and templates.
- How to Plan and Set Goals (with Templates and Samples). Planning is how you turn your foundational materials into measurable goals, a prioritized to do list, and project plans, to achieve the next level of specificity of the Operating System and maximize your likelihood of success.