This is a project-based, interactive introduction to the software and technology that many startups and small businesses use. After taking this course, you’ll be able to immediately use your technology skills to solve problems at work. You’ll be amazed at how far a few hours of training can take you.
The software we cover in this course is affordable, powerful, and easy to learn. You’ll learn the basics of this software, but also more advanced techniques and tricks that will give you valuable skills and save you hours of time.
As important as the skills you’ll learn is the problem solving mindset that you’ll leave with. By knowing what’s possible, you’ll be able to ask the internet for exactly how to do it when you need it later. The internet has every answer if you ask the right question.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Google Suite
- Drive (with a little Dropbox)
- Backup and Sync
- Mac computer use and shortcuts
- PDFs in Preview
- Basic coding
- Productivity tips with technology
All of the lessons are project based. Some of the projects we’ll do:
- Use a form to populate a spreadsheet, including advanced form features
- Create a spreadsheet that uses the most common functions and formulas
- Build a document using the various formatting features
- Design your email to work better for you
- Record and use spreadsheet automations
- Automate a task by connecting two applications with Zapier
- Sign a document with Preview
- Record your screen and narrate a demo